Feb 6, 2009

WAW-ZRH-OPO

I left Warszawa early friday morning on the 6th of February and flew to Porto with a short stop in Zurich...

As soon as the plane started reaching Porto airport, it went very low above the buildings giving a scary feeling of crashing down for about 15 minutes. The view was impressive. The mountains, the ocean, the colors... Finally, we've landed at the best airport in Europe at 15:30 - 30 minutes before the scheduled time. I've picked up my luggage (which was half wet - especially the sleeping-bag) and went out to the arrivals hall to wait for my great friend - Ze Mario, who took care of me, together with his amazing girlfriend - Carla, at the beggining of my portuguese adventure. Thanks to them I was not like an Englishman in New York during my first hours in Portugal. Well... maybe I was... a bit ;)

We've spent the first night on playing the boardgames - Neuroshima Hex (a polish game I brought for Ze Mario who is a big fan of boardgames) and Funkenschlag/Power Grid. I didn't like the first one too much, oficially because of not very handsome characters, but I really liked the second one - Funkenschlag, which is about building powerplants on the boards with maps of different regions of the world. We've played on the map of Poland and I've ALMOST won! ;)


2 comments:

  1. i like neuroshima :) but i'm not suprised that you prefer building powerplants than machines vs mutants war :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know me well enough, it's not about building powerplants... but about knowing how to spend money properly! Monopoly4ever ;)

    ReplyDelete