Feb 7, 2009

Porto - Francesinha & Fish

Francesinha, literally a little french girl, is a traditional sandwich from Porto.
It consists of few pieces of bread, different kinds of meat between bread layers, melted cheese and of the top secret recipe sauce tomato and beer based. All those ingredients made this dish really tasty during Saturday almoรงo (lunch).
Eu comi como um abade (I was full after eating like an abbot)!

Francesinha, Super Bock beer and Carla

Carla told me that in Portugal everything is about fish...
After a while I've asked her how to say 'COOL' in portuguese...

...and guess what?
It's FIXE (pronounced FEESHE)!!!


(This is one of over 30 posts, which I accidentally deleted one day in January. Luckily, I was able to recover them thanks to the backup done by DanielSan! It's a pity that the comments are gone but someting is better than nothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment