Feb 7, 2009

Porto - different places

After having a yummy francesinha, Ze Mario took me for a tour around Porto.

My top 3 sights were:

1. Livraria Lello
I swear, this bookshop was so amazing that i was unable to push the button to take the picture... Finally I took one.... Ze Mario told me that it is one of the top 10 best bookshops in the world and it definetly deserves its 3rd place! Read more about it at bookstore guide and take a look here.

2. São Bento railway station with azulejos (blue tiles) and its tunel disappearing in the mountain between the old houses


3. Narrow streets
hidden among the buildings along the river

I was also like the Rua Escura - Dark Street, which can be as dangerous as it's name...

... and funny yellow trams...

... and a lovely tea-shop "Rota do Chá".

One more thing, on that day I've drank 3 portuguese nespressos.
(If you don't know what it is, you should find out!)
According to Ze Mario's parents it doesn't mean that I'm a coffee freak yet.
Freaks start from 5 per day ;)

(This is one of over 30 posts, which I accidentally deleted one day in January. Luckily, I was able to recover them thanks to the backup done by DanielSan! It's a pity that the comments are gone but someting is better than nothing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment