Mar 20, 2010

A very long flight

On Friday morning, I left home and took a bus to the Warsaw airport and that is where I started my second trip to Japan. I was going to take 3 flights:
Warsaw-Paris, Paris-Narita(Tokyo) and Narita-Chubu(Nagoya).

Firstly, at the check-in, it turned out that I can not receive the boarding pass for the last flight so it made me a bit upset. I was not sure how confusing the Tokyo airport might turn out be. Anyway, after waiting a while I got on the plane that took me to the city of lights. As it was daytime, there were not many lights on but that was not the point, right?
I was looking forward to get to the terminal E of CDG airport coz it is a great place to take some cool pics. Even though the light, due to the weather was not perfect, I have managed to take few cool shots.

I was aware that I will spend over 12 next hours sitting on the plane so I kept on walking around the terminal wherever it was possible. What surprised me the most, was the row of very comfy chairs with a perfect view for watching planes taking off. And even better thing, was that no other passenger seemed to have noticed the existence of such relaxing place.

But that was not the end of the whole surprise... When I looked a bit down, I noticed another row of such chairs, this time black ones.
It seems that even airport terminals might have some worth visiting spots!

Proud of my great discovery I got on the JAL plane with a full smile.
Inside this giant machine, the person sitting next to me turned out to be a very friendly Japanese man coming back from his business trip. He told me that I was the first Polish person he ever met and kept on asking me questions about the country and for my reasons of going to Japan. At the end of the flight he asked if he can take a picture of me, so I agreed but maybe it was not the best idea coz nobody can resemble themselves in the picture after such a long flight hehe
Meanwhile, the flight attendant turned out to be Spanish and told me that the truth is, that he does not speak Japanese. He knows just the basics, so if any Japanese passenger asked him any question, he would be completely lost!

After landing at Narita airport, I had to pick up my luggage and do another check-in at the domestic flights. In the airport shop, I bought a box of soy sauce flavored Kit-Kat, that is a limited edition distributed just in Tokyo. Also, in the same shop, Japanese people who just got back from their journeys, were filling their stomachs with ramen that they probably missed a lot.
I arrived at Nagoya airport with a slight delay just before the sunset, but Daniel San was waiting for me very patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment