Mar 22, 2010

Everything for 100 yen

Have you ever visited the so called "1 pound" shop in England?
If you did, you surely liked it, but most of the stuff there seemed to be pretty useless. At least that is what I thought about it.

Japan has something very similar but also much different in the same time - 100 yen (hyaku-yen) shops, while right now, 100 yen is worth, more or less, 1$.

The best thing about "100 yen" shops, is that you can buy there EVERYTHING!
Obviously, the quality of products is not the finest but it does not really matter if you can buy those things for such a low price.

During my recent visit to 100 yen shop, Daniel San got me a book (for kids) to practice katakana writing - one of the japanese alphabets. I used to hate such excercise books when I was a 7 year old little girl but now it`s so much fun!


"100 yen" shop shown in the above pictures is located in Nagoya,
between Irinaka and Yagoto metro stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment