Apr 13, 2011

Tabemono (jap. food) one more time!

It's been ages since my last trip to Japan (and over a year since I started this post) but people still keep on asking me if i ate sushi there all the time. Well, of course NO!


Katsu Kare - quick lunch after arriving from Kawaguchiko to Tokyo.


Mister Donut - Japanese equivalent for more international chain cafe Dunkin Donuts. These 2 pics present quite wide variety of donuts such as: white donut with jam filling, small donuts in a set or green tea/matcha donut. The very important part of eating at Mister Donut was collecting points which were finally rewarded with an awesome green cup with the company's logo. Ok, the cup itself isn't that awesome. It's quite normal actually but the whole story behind it is ;)


7/11 - a combini - a little supermarket is always a good place to get some lunch snacks. I remember that while choosing the food below I also spotted a sandwich with strawberries!


Saizeriya - Italian (I might get killed for saying this!) style restaurants with nomihoudai which is Japanese for "all you can drink". In my case it was usually Fanta Melon and coffee.


Aiskurimu - Japanese for icecream :) on the 51st floor of Nagoya's JR Central Towers on Easter evening. Undescribably, futuristically romantic!


Izakaya - I think we broke most of the rules that make an Izakaya a real Izakaya but it was an awesome place and surrounding to have a good meal :) Ah and yes, somebody was smoking a cigarette inside. I think it's allowed there so get prepared!


Street stalls :)


Chinatown of Yokohama :) we were not hungry while being around :P

My Fanta limited editions collection.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria

    I'm so sorry, I replied to your comment asking for Malaysia hotel recommendations but I've just noticed that you use a no reply option when you comment!

    I will, of course, be happy to recommend some places to you if you let me know which places you plan to visit. I'll write a special blog post about the places I stayed at so keep a look out!

    All the best,

    Kat (travelling Kat)

    ReplyDelete