Jun 13, 2010

Green Board Games

Thanks to my cousin Ela and her friend Ania, recently I had a chance to play two board games, which were completely new to me. Funny coincidence was that they were both mostly green.

Shear Panic /pol. Owczy Pęd/
When Ela told me about this game for the first time, I told her that I've seen some friends of mine playing it once and I didn't like it too much. Ela was quite suprised coz I was not enthusiastic about it at all. Next time we met, she told me about this game once again, about how lovely the figures are... and I asked: "What figures???". It turned out that when she told me about Shear Panic for the first time, I confused it with a different game which also has sheeps as main characters.
After seeing those adorable sheeps, I can't be critical about this game anymore. They're just too pretty!

My own summary of this game is: cute chess, and that is more or less what it is about - the board is similar to chess and strategy plays the main role. The difference is that Shear Panic is a game up to 4 players or 4 groups of players. I believe that its difficulty level depends on the players.
What else can I say? Niiiccceeeeeee!

Keltis
The other game we played that night was Keltis. The game is based on cards mainly but also on the board which includes some stones, magic diamonds and shamrocks. Players have different colors of shamrocks - mine was white- and their aim in the game is to collect as many cards in the right order as possible, what enables them to collect many magic diamonds which are being converted into points at the end of the game.

It is perfect to play with people who get scared when the see regular cards. In reality, Keltis is a very friendly looking card game.

Both of those games are perfectly adjusted to the needs of the XXIst century customer. Classic stuff in new layouts... and that's what everybody loves!

2 comments:

  1. you can overtake the previous one now, since you said you liked it the most ;)

    ReplyDelete